Have you been experiencing lunchbag letdown lately? Say goodbye to the blues and mix it up with this fresh, high-fiber Mexican bean salad! What else is great about this salad? It doesn’t require you to turn on the oven or the stove! HurRAW!! Incorporating some raw food into our diets adds important living enzymes which are not present when food is heated above 118 degrees F. These enzymes are good for our cells, providing us with energy and vitality.
This is another one of my ‘go-to’ salads. I love making a batch of this for lunches. It keeps well for 2 days in the fridge. Feel free to play around with the ingredients by incorporating any raw veggies that you love. Too easy isn’t it!?
Mexican Bean Salad
Source: Modified from Looneyspoons
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed (no-salt added)
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) whole-kernel corn, drained (no-salt added)
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp each ground cumin and chili powder
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and mix into salad.
Latest posts by Carolyn Berry (see all)
- Berry Mojito Yogurt Popsicle - June 24, 2018
- Lemon Coconut Bites & Gingerbread Smoothie [Plus a doTERRA Essential Oil Giveaway] - December 17, 2017
- Coconut Kabocha Squash Curry - October 15, 2017