Salad dressing is just one of those things that’s just too easy to make yourself, so why buy it? Well I can’t think of any good reasons as a matter of fact. Many store-bought dressings have extra/less desirable ingredients added to help stabilize and preserve the product, allowing it to be shelf stable for months. I don’t know about you, but that just isn’t something that I want to be consuming in a regular basis, or at all.
Capers and Dijon mustard naturally add so much flavour to this vinaigrette. And if you’re not sold already, extra virgin olive oil is a versatile heart-healthy oil made up of healthy fats (monounsaturated fats) which help to lower total cholesterol and may decrease risk of heart disease.
It’ll just take you a minute to whip up a small amount for just one serving, or multiply by 2, 3, or 4 if making large salad. Enjoy!
Caper Dijon Vinaigrette
Ingredients: (for 1 serving)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1-2 tsp minced capers (don’t like capers? then just leave them out)
- Combine all ingredients and stir with a whisk
Latest posts by Carolyn Berry (see all)
- Berry Mojito Yogurt Popsicle - June 24, 2018
- Lemon Coconut Bites & Gingerbread Smoothie [Plus a doTERRA Essential Oil Giveaway] - December 17, 2017
- Coconut Kabocha Squash Curry - October 15, 2017