You may have noticed that I’m really big into energy balls/bites. I’m always trying to come up with new flavour ideas, and because I’m still on this pumpkin high, I tried to mimic the pumpkin spice flavours of fall using all natural, wholesome ingredients.
These little guys are the perfect punch of energy you need to get you through that tough workout, or just through the work day. They’re a great balance of fibre and protein, which is what a healthy, balanced snack should have. Skip the granola bar aisle and avoid snacks with an ingredient list for the most part.
These will take you no more than 20 minutes to make. No kitchen gadgets needed, and no baking involved. Store these in the fridge for up to 1 week, or in freezer in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Benefits & Tips:
- High in fibre: oats, ground flaxseeds, pumpkin puree, pumpkin seeds.
- Pumpkin seeds are a great source of iron, copper, manganese, potassium, calcium, magnesium, zinc, selenium, fibre and healthy fats.
- Natural peanut butter is a great source of healthy fat. Try substituting a different nut or seed butter.
- Maple syrup is a natural sweetener. Substitute with honey for a different flavour.
- Boost protein by adding 1/4 cup skim milk powder to the recipe.
- Healthy snacks, including this one, should include both fiber and protein.
Latest posts by Carolyn Berry (see all)
- 2 Impactful Reasons to Eat Crickets [Plus a Coast Cricket Protein Bar Giveaway] - March 28, 2017
- Turmeric Hummus - March 5, 2017
- Matcha Green Smoothie - February 4, 2017